Saturday, February 14, 2009

Slow Me Down

If you're sound is turned up, you are hearing my new favorite song. I heard it this week at the District Dance Concert and it just "spoke" to me. I had been feeling this way for some time, and I decided that it was time for me to "slow down." In fact, one of my New Year's resolutions was to complete the things that I had committed to, but not volunteer for anything new. I have already been tested on my resolve a couple of times, and it wasn't easy, but I did say "no." I don't know why it's so hard for me; I feel this need to say "yes" to everybody. But I realized that saying "yes" to everybody else was causing me to say "no" to my family too often. They are the most important thing in the world to me, but my actions weren't showing them that, and they deserve better from me. So my dear hubby and sweet kiddos are helping to "Slow Me Down."

3 comments:

Kirkham Family News said...

Tiff,
Thanks so much for this. I really needed this right now. More than you can ever believe. Thank you.....

Tricks are for Kidds said...

Fun song...I think it's a good idea to say "yes" to your family...especially since they are the most important in the eternal sense. And since I'm family...I was wondering if you could...just kidding.

Lisa Lu said...

Beautiful words from one of my most favoritest people in the world. You, tiffani, are inspirational. Thank you...and now I want this album!