Friday, February 15, 2008

What A Storm!

Two days ago, after a few days of warmer weather, we were expecting a small storm. The forecasters on all of the channels didn't seem to think it would be that big of a deal. Well, I went out in the afternoon to pick up a few things for Valentine's Day and couldn't wait to get home. Between the wind and the snow, it was brutal. I couldn't see past the house right next to me. Then Don called to say that he had left Lindon and hour before and was only to American Fork. He got off the freeway, planning on taking back streets through Lehi. By the time he got to the Alpine Highway, they had closed it. Luckily, his sister, Erin, lives close by, so he went there to wait out the storm. He finally called me at 10pm to say that he would see me in the morning because the storm just wasn't letting up. I got up yesterday morning to shovel the driveway so it would be done when he got home. We had about 10 inches of wet, heavy snow, and it took me an hour to do the sidewalks and half of our driveway. I left the other half until today, but my arm is still sore. Don has always dreamed of being snowed in, but he really wanted it to be at home.

3 comments:

Chelsi said...

Wow! 10 inches!!! It's hard to even imagine. And, all that after not much to forecast. I'm sure all the forecasters were just amazed.

Bongo Beans said...

wow!!! ten inches! geesh!!!!!

Heather said...

I heard all about this storm from every one of my family members that lives in Utah County. Apparently it was a huge problem...I even heard some of the elementary schools couldn't get the kids home and so they had to sleep over night in the school...how cool is that?