Thursday, August 19, 2010

13.1 Miles



A couple of months ago I decided to find a race so that I would have something to help motivate me to run more regularly. I was thinking of a 5K. A couple of days later my sis-in-law announces that she has signed up for a half-marathon and invites me to join her, along with one of my best friends. My initial reaction was "no way" but then I thought about it and decided to go for it. It was a lot farther than I had planned on runing, but I found a great training schedule and we got started. It was alotof hard work, but each week as our distance increased I felt better and better. My running partners were so wonderful and I couldn't have done it without them.
Two weeks ago was the day of the race and it was one of the most difficult things I've done, but also one of the most rewarding. My goal was to finish the race, running every step of the way. I wasn't very fast, but I did it! It's a great feeling to set a goal and accomplish it. And it was incredible to get near the end and seemy family there cheering me on!
Dawn, Stacie, me, and Kristol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done..top effort!