Saturday, April 11, 2009

Cooking Lessons

Mackenzie is such a big help to me and I love her so much. On Thursday I was making Asian and trying a new recipe - potstickers. I was getting frustrated because it was taking so long, so she came to the kitchen to help me with the egg rolls. I had already made the filling, so she rolled them all and did a great job. After that, she pulled out the recipe book and made the sweet and sour sauce. When we sat down to eat, she put a big spoonful of sweet and sour sauce on her plate and dipped her egg roll in. After a big bite, she gagged and said, "Something is really wrong with the sauce!" I took a little on my finger and also gagged. It was sooooooooooooo salty. So Kenz pulled the recipe back out to take a look and see what had gone wrong. She gasped and said, "Oh...it calls for 1/4 teaspoon of salt.... I put in 1/4 cup!"

1 comment:

Chelsi said...

Hmmmmm.... That sounds like a vaguely familiar experience. Where have I heard of someone doing something like that before? ;o)