Friday, December 26, 2008

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year






















I hope that you all had a very Merry Christmas. Ours was wonderful! We spend Christmas Eve each year with my parents, having a nice candlelight dinner and program. This year we had Brandon & Stacie & their kiddos, Jeremy & Heather, and us all with my Mom and Dad. It was a yummy dinner and a beautiful program. When we returned home, we all got to open up one present - new p.j.'s and the kids each got a new heat bag. The jammies, at least, are tradition. On Christmas morning, the kids can get up as early as they want and get into their stockings, but they have to wait for Mom and Dad to open any presents. Everybody gets 4 presents - something to wear, something you need, something to play with, something to read. There were many cheers of delight. After presents, we do a big breakfast with special "once-a-year" pancakes, strawberries, whipped cream, pancakes, sausage, and bacon. This year, Don and I left for a bit after breakfast to go to my Mom's and talk to John Cameron who is serving a mission in Hawaii. It was great to hear his voice! We planned to spend the rest of the day at home together, but the storm was so bad that it knocked a power line down around the corner, and we were left without heat. Mom and Dad still had power, so we headed over there to get warm and had fun playing games with them and Brandon & Stacie. After several hours our power was back on and we headed home to get kids to bed after a long, but wonderful Christmas Day.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love that 4 gift thing! I was telling Farren about it, but he laughed at me and said I dont have enough control when it comes to shopping. I, of course, have NO idea what he could possibly mean! :)

Glad you had a wonderful holiday. That storm was nuts!

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.