Saturday, January 12, 2008

Breaking The Habit

I didn't write about it, but our holiday season was fabulous - surrounded by family. It doesn't get any better than that.
One of my New Year's Resolutions was to get myself off of Diet Coke. I was planning on taking it slowly, but when Don quit Coke a couple of years ago he did it cold turkey and suggested I try the same. Well, I spent two days feeling lousy, but I've now been 11 days without Diet Coke. I was even sick one day and wanted one so badly, but I resisted. I did it!!! Of course, Don also said to "reward" yourself with a small one every once in awhile, so I will be enjoying a small one today - but I'm not ever going back to the way I was before.

2 comments:

Chelsi said...

Congratulations and good work! My running partners have just done the same thing, and I know it wasn't easy for them. You are all awesome!

Tricks are for Kidds said...

GREAT WORK!! I am proud of your self determination and strength. It is not easy but worth it.