Sunday, December 5, 2010

25 Days of Service

Well, it's gonna be more like 20 days, because I've been a little slow, but I'm still excited. My good friend, Emily, got me a snowman advent calendar for Christmas this year, and gave it to me early so I could use it. I've been trying to decide what to put in each pocket to pick out each day. I didn't really want to put in candy; how do you decide which kid gets the piece and there are plenty of other treats this time of year. I finally decided to put a small act of service in each pocket. Each night, we will pull out the paper, read the act of service, and have the following day to complete that act. It is something each member of the family should be able to accomplish. For example, tomorrow's service is "Say hi to someone new." I am excited to hear from the girls each day on how they did and hope it will help them think less of themselves this holiday season.

1 comment:

Herrington Happenings said...

I love this. What a great idea. Would be fun to have this go on throughout the year or at least sporadically. Would be interesting to see if you could come up with a simple service for each day of the year and then actually follow through.