Friday, January 8, 2010

Christmas Day


Two weeks later...

We had a wonderful Christmas this year. I got up earlier than I wanted, but since it was to talk to my little brother from Hawaii, it was worth it. When I got home, the girls were awake and looking through their stockings. The rule is they can do that as soon as they wake up, but we do presents all together.

Don got up right after that and we headed to the tree to open presents. A few years ago we started doing "Something to play with, something you need, something to wear, something to read" for everyone. It has kept things simple and we love it. Britton really got into it and was fun to watch.

After presents, we do a big breakfast with special pancakes, strawberries and whipped cream, bacon, and sausage. Then I'm finished cooking for the day! We spent a very lazy day hanging out, playing games, snacking, and watching a movie. I even got a nap in. It's one of my favorite days of the year.

No comments: