Sunday, July 19, 2009

Independence Day

I know, I know - the 4th of July was two weeks ago... Humor me...

Every year we head to Sugarhouse Park to spend the day with my family. We even have a traditional spot. It is a great tradition and we love it! We play games, eat, hang out, and take lots of pictures. And then we watch an amazing fireworks show. This year did not disappoint...
So fun to spend the day with cousins; even more fun when you are "twins."
This was one of the many games played. This group was playing "Oodles" and I almost beat Jeremy. (but who's keeping track?)
Britton and Don took many walks to look for the "da-da-das" (motorcycles). He also had fun playing with his cousins. At one point he tried to wander off, but his 3-year old cousin, Savanah, spotted him before he could get too far. Still a scary moment and we were much more vigilant after that.There was a group of early-teen boys in the family group next to us that were keeping their eye on Kenzie all day. In fact, one of them was watching Kenzie instead of his dog while the dog peed on one of our camp chairs. Emma enjoyed a day where everyone was as laid-back as she usually is.
Syd is fourteen now, so she had to act like she didn't enjoy any of it. Britton and Gracie loved checking out the pictures that Aunt Heather was taking.
We wore the kids out. They needed a little rest before the fireworks. Some of the kids were nervous as the fireworks started, but I laid down on the blanket with them and we enjoyed the beautiful and amazing show exploding right above us! What a great day!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Its okay you are late posting these, you are one of the most involved, busy people I know. I admire that about you. (Among other things)

Those are great pictures and it looks like you guys had a wonderful time.

Can I just say (again) how jealous I am of how close knit your family is? Its awesome!

What are you going to do next year if Sugar House follows through and this was really their last year doing fireworks?

The Leavitt Crew said...

I think I will cry if they don't do them again. I'm hoping it was just a ploy to get corporate sponsors!

Ben Kroff said...

I love watching Brigitta and Maddie grow up together. I would be nice to have them closer.