Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hike Of A Lifetime


Last Saturday, Don and I had the opportunity to hike with my brother, my sister, her hubby, and his mom and brother. We hiked up the backside of Mount Timpanogas, starting near Aspen Grove. It was fun, and beautiful, but also the hardest hike I have ever done. We were up so high that we could see into Heber Valley. We even passed the tree line. After four hours, we made it to Emerald Lake, and decided that was far enough for the day. We will have to try for the summit another day. It took us another three hours to make it back down. There is a beautiful waterfall about one hour up that we want to take the girls back to see. It was great spending so much time with Don and my siblings, and I can finally walk up and down stairs without having to hold on to the rails.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Emily said...

Beautiful place. No wonder your neck got so burned.